This is the Heavy Duty Z/X or HDZ our premium Heavy Duty Z/X axis. It’s precision milled and designed specifically for the Shapeoko 3 replacing the existing Linear Z and X carriage. It is a significant upgrade to your Shapeoko 3 offering superior rigidity, EZ-Tram and zero loss of Z height during milling and power cycles.
Designed around a premium ball screw and linear rails it will allow your Z to glide up and down with ease – even with a weighty spindle.
In addition to the above, it features EZ-Tram, a quick way to tram your router.
- Offers 150mm of travel
- Will not slip or lose Z height
- 15mm machined aluminum back plate
- Features EZTram for quick router alignment
- Suitable for heavy 2.2kw spindles - supported in our new 80mm mount
- Supports standard Z and X limit switches
- V wheels are better protected
- Fully supported by Carbide 3D and Carbide Motion
This kit comes pre-assembled, 95% ready to fit. The only hardware that will come from your existing setup is the spindle mount and limit switches. GRBL changes are handled by Carbide Motion.
- If you have an enclosure you need approx. 270mm clearance from the top of your X rail. The HDZ 3.3 version requires 240mm clearance from the top of your X rail.
Installation instructions can be found here: HDZ 3.3 Installation Instructions