This is the Heavy Duty Z/X or HDZ. It’s precision milled and designed specifically for the Shapeoko 3 replacing the existing Linear Z and X carriage. It is a significant upgrade to your Shapeoko 3 offering superior rigidity, EZTram and zero loss of Z height during milling and power cycles.
Designed around a ball screw and linear rails it will allow your Z to glide up and down with ease – even with a weighty spindle.
In addition to the above, it features EZTram, a quick way to tram your router.
Disclaimer - This is not designed for the everyday user, but professional users who push their machines to the limits, for most it’s overkill.
- Offers 150mm of travel
- Will not slip or loose Z height
- 15mm Machined ridged back plate
- Features EaZTram for quick router alignment
- Suitable for heavy 2.2kw spindles - supported in our new 80mm mount
- Over 40mm narrower than the standard Z/X carriage which means more X travel
- Supports standard Z and X limit switches
- V wheels are better protected
- Fully supported by Carbide 3D and Carbide Motion
- Compatible with the Suckit Dust Boot**
This kit comes pre assembled, 95% ready to fit. The only hardware that will come from your existing setup is the spindle mount and limit switches. GRBL changes are handled by Carbide Motion.
- If you have an enclosure you need approx. 270mm clearance from the top of your X rail.
- To fit the Suckit Dust boot you will need to purchase the suitable mounting kit from Suckit.
Installation instructions can be found here: HDZ 3.2 Installation Instructions