Shapeoko HDZ for Shapeoko 3
Please select all options.
This is the Heavy-Duty Z, or HDZ, a premium Heavy Duty Z/X axis for your Shapeoko 3. The HDZ is precision-milled and designed to replace your existing X/Z carriage. It is a significant upgrade that offers additional rigidity, EZ-Tram, and zero loss of Z clearance.
Designed around a ball screw and linear rails, the HDZ will allow your Z to move with ease, even with a weighty spindle.
- 150mm of Z-travel
- 15mm machined aluminum back plate
- EZ-Tram plate for quick router alignment
- Suitable for heavy 2.2kw spindles - supported in our new 80mm mount
- Includes inductive proximity switches and mounts for X, Y, and Z.
- Fully supported by Carbide 3D and Carbide Motion
This kit comes pre-assembled, 95% ready to fit. The only hardware that will come from your existing setup is the spindle mount and limit switches. GRBL changes are handled by Carbide Motion.
NOTE: This upgrade requires a change to the included proximity homing switches so only machines with the Carbide Motion PCB version 2.4d or higher are supported. If your Shapeoko 3 is newer than Feb 2017, it probably has a supported PCB. If you have an older machine, or you're not sure what board you have, get in touch and we'll help out.
- If you have an enclosure around your machine, you'll need approximately 270mm of clearance from the top of your X rail.
Installation instructions can be found here: HDZ 4.0 Installation Instructions