Here are the big changes for the Nomad 3:
- New spindle design with angular contact bearings for greater rigidity
- 130W Spindle motor with a maximum 24k RPM
- Internal lighting
- BitZero V2 work probe
- HG15 linear rails on the Z-axis
- New anti-backlash nuts on every axis
- Inductive homing switches
- Inductive safety door interlock
- Thicker machine table
- The entire machine frame is machined and built in our California shop.
Nomad 3 includes MeshCAM V8 to take your STL files and generate gcode without any additional CAM software. MeshCAM saves a proprietary G-code for the Nomad so no additional license code is required to use it with the Nomad 3, but it will not generate G-code for other machines.
Alibre Workshop License:
Nomad 3 comes with a code that can be redeemed for an Alibre Workshop license. The license is granted to the person that redeems it and is non-transferrable. Please contact us with any questions you have.
Nomad 3 Sepcifications
Materials to Cut Wood All types of wood Plastic Most plastics, including: ABS, Acrylic, Polycarbonate, Delrin, HDPE, PEEK, PVC Metals Aluminum, Brass, Copper (Some alloys are more suitable for machining) Size Cutting Area 8"(X) x 8"(Y) x 3"(Z) Footprint 17.5" (X), 19" (Y), 17" (Z) Spindle Spindle Collet ER-11, 7mm max cutter diameter (collet not included) Spindle RPM 9000 - 24000 RPM Spindle Motor 130W Brushless DC Motor Computer Requirements Mac OS/X 10.14 or higher Windows Windows 10 or 11, 64-bit (Intel or AMD)
Nomad 3 Includes:
- Nomad 3
- MeshCAM for Nomad, 3D CAM software
- Alibre Workshop (Windows only)
- Carbide Motion control software
- Carbide Create 2D CAD/CAM software
- Carbide Copper for PCB machining
- MDF Wasteboard
- 1/8" ER-11 Collet and wrenches
- 1/8" Ball endmill
- 1/8" Flat endmill
- Double-sided tape
- BitZero V2
- 4, 30 minute 1-on-1 training sessions with a Carbide 3D expert via video chat
What you need to provide:
- Windows or Mac computer.
- ▼Can the Nomad run 3D toolpaths?
Yes! Nomad 3 can run 2D or 3D toolpaths with all motors moving simultaneously.
- ▼Is the Nomad compatible with Vectric software?
We have a lot of users running Vectric software with their Nomad.
- ▼Is the Nomad compatible with Fusion 360?
Fusion 360 comes with a Carbide 3D post processor that works with Nomad.
- ▼Can the Nomad cut wood?
The Nomad can cut any type of wood from pine, to MDF, to hardwoods like white oak.
- ▼Can the Nomad cut plastic?
The Nomad can cut any common plastic including ABS, acrylic, polycarbonate, Delrin, HDPE, and PEEK
- ▼Can the Nomad cut aluminum?
The Nomad can cut aluminum but it will cut slower than wood and plastic so you'll want to take your time with it.
- ▼Can the Nomad cut brass?
The Nomad can cut brass but it will cut slower than wood, plastic and aluminum so you'll need to take your time with it.
- ▼Is the software free?
Warranty and Support
Shapeoko comes with a one-year warranty against defects. If you have any problems, we’ll take care of them.
See our warranty here.
30-Day, "Mistakes are On Us" Guarantee
We want you to jump into your new Shapeoko CNC router without any fear of damaging anything so our warranty includes the following benefit:
For the first 30 days that you own your Shapeoko, we’ll replace any Carbide 3D-branded item that’s damaged, even if it’s your fault.
Details about what's covered can be found here.
We want you to be successful with your Shapeoko CNC router. That’s why we offer 4, 30-minute 1-on-1 training sessions with a Carbide 3D expert via video chat. We’ll help you get your Shapeoko up and running, answer any questions you have, and help you get started with your first project.
Details can be found here.
Unlimited US-Based Support
If you need help, we are available via:
- Video Chat
- Contact us here.