The Shapeoko Z-Plus is our new upgrade for the Shapeoko. It's got all the rigidity of the Shapeoko HDZ at a much lower price.
No more Z axis belt drive or V wheels with the Z-Plus.
The Z-Plus includes:
- Stepper motor with integrated leadscrew
- Custom made anti-backlash nut
- Twin HG15-style linear rails with two linear guides on each rail
- Plates are .25" powder-coated steel
- Inductive homing switches for X, Y, and Z (with adapter board)
- EZ-Tram plate to make it easier to adjust left/right tilt of the spindle
NOTE: Because this upgrade requires a change to inductive limit switches, only machines with the Carbide Motion PCB version 2.4 or higher are supported. If your machine is newer than Feb 2017, it's probably got a supported PCB. If you have an older machine, or you're not sure what board you have, get in touch and we'll try to help out.
For the legally-obsessed out there, the Shapeoko, Carbide Compact Router, and cutter shown in the photo are not included with the Z-Plus. But you already knew that.